Dr. Vincent G
Email : email@example.com
B.Tech.Programme in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO1: To lay a strong foundation in basic sciences, mathematics, electrical engineering and computational technology that would enable the graduates to find solution to engineering problems.
PEO2: To strengthen the knowledge of the graduates in other engineering disciplines also, in order to address real-life problems in multi-disciplinary context.
PEO3: To foster in the graduates strong research, design, management, communication, self-learning and teamwork skills coupled with adherence to ethical values.
PEO4: To nurture a passion in the graduates for pursuing higher studies and to engage in life-long learning in their profession.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- Design/Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environmental and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentation, and give and receive clear instruction
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and undertaking of engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects in multi-disciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
At the end of the course the graduates are able to
- Analyse and design power systems, power electronic systems, electrical drives, instrumentation and control systems.
- Test electrical and electronic circuits & systems by simulation and hardware implementation.
- Develop and design renewable energy based systems and practice energy conservation in processes, systems and buildings.